Saturday, December 17, 2005

this is good news for me....

I was cruising one of my favorite bicycling websites the other day (www.velonews.com) and came across this article that was talking about cyclists rights in different states. The author of the article quoted missouri's law regarding cyclists:

Missouri-Missouri Revised Statutes Section 307.188: "Every person riding a bicycle or motorized bicycle upon a street or highway shall be granted all of the rights and shall be subject to all of the duties applicable to the driver of a vehicle..."

I like this, now it means that I don't have to worry about vehicles giving me a hard time when i ride. Seeing as there are hardly any shoulders on the roads around where I live, I like knowing that I have the same rights and duties as the suckers in cars...

No comments: